Rhythm Kids™ by Music Together®
A new program for Kids ages 4 years-2nd grade!
Piloted by Music Together Fall 2016
Music Play Studios is thrilled to have been chosen my Music Together to pilot RHYTHM KIDS, their exciting NEW drumming, rhythm, singing & movement program for 5-8 year olds.
There are two Rhythm Kids classes, one for 4- and 5-year-olds, and one for Kindergarten-2nd graders. (That means a 5-year-old who has not yet started K would take Rhythm Kids 4-5, and a 5-year-old who has started K could be in either class.)
Both classes are 45 minutes, and parents/caregivers are encouraged to stay and participate with their children, but whether parents stay is up to each individual family.
These classes are for children 4 years old and older. Siblings can attend class together, but siblings under 4 years old are not developmentally ready for the structure of Rhythm Kids classes; therefore, except for babies seven months and younger, only children in the specified age range and their adults may attend. No previous music experience is required.
Note: Kids in Rhythm Kids K-2 class will need a drum.
Rhythm Kids 4–5 (for 4 + 5 yr olds)
This is the next musical step for your preschool child (ages 4–5). Each week we drum, sing, dance, play rhythm instruments, and begin to play music-based games.
Rhythm Kids 4-5 guides children toward developmentally appropriate music and movement activities, where they can begin to take charge, lead others, and be musically creative, as they:
- make up their own drumming patterns
- invent new ways to play rhythm instruments (shakers, sticks, etc.)
- create movement ideas for songs
- and even take a drum solo!
Rhythm Kids 4–5 follows through on the Music Together vision to help children complete the pathway of early childhood music development from birth through age eight.
Classes are for preschoolers ages 4–5 and include:
- 10 weekly, 45-minute classes
- Animal Collection Songbook and 2 CDs each semester
- Access to online drum-play videos and other material
Your child will:
- Explore the world of rhythm through movement, instrument play, and song
- Develop basic rhythm skills, like keeping beat, improvising, ensemble play, and soloing
- Learn to create, cooperate, and express themselves musically
Drums will be provided for the class each week (or you can bring your own). Just add hands!
Rhythm Kids K–2 (for 5-8 yr olds)
This is an exciting music, movement, and drumming class for children in Kindergarten through second grade (ages 5 through 8). * NOTE: The K-2 students need their own hand drum for home (and for use in class). When registering, you can choose a pricing option that includes a small djembe drum for your child (at only $30 for the drum)!
Children integrate and assimilate rhythm into their lives, as they:
- learn multicultural drumming patterns
- develop new repertoire on various percussion instruments
- explore movement and dance while singing songs
- play games based on music and drumming
- have fun with a host of rhythm activities
Rhythm Kids K-2 follows through on the Music Together vision to help children complete the pathway of early childhood music development from birth through age 8.
As part of the Rhythm Kids K-2 experience, children and their grownups can enjoy drumming play and practice sessions at home with the help of online play-along videos featuring Rhythm Kids creator Tom Foote.
Classes are for children K–2 (ages 5 through 8) and include:
- 10 weekly, 45-minute classes
- Animal Collection Songbook and CDs (2 copies), as well as downloads of all the songs we will be working on each semester
- Access to online video tutorials and play-alongs
- Learn, create, discover and explore music, movement and drumming
- Enjoy age-appropriate ways to play rhythm instruments
- Explore traditional drumming patterns through animal names and movements
- Experience drumming, song, and dance from around the world (Mali, Puerto Rico, Turkey, etc.)
- Find new ways to connect mind, body, and voice through rhythm
- Develop skill in improvising, soloing, conducting, composition, and improvisation
- Participate in active musical games that are both enriching and totally fun!